January 28, 2020

Subjecting People To Harrasment Unfairly Because Of Political Influence, Rank, Or Promotion Will Not Stand The Test Of Time - HRH Doe



-Doscar Group Chairman Recounts Several Attempts To Harass Him By Govt Boys


His Royal Highness, Oscar Yao Doe has warned that dire consequences await certain individuals and government officials who have been using state powers to cause harassment on individuals because of political reasons and personal vendetta. While saying such acts will not stand the test of time, he warned that the kind of approach could also be done to them and even their descendants or even yourself before death. 


In 2009, I was subjected to intense harassment by Larry Gbevlo Lartey, the former National Security Coordinator. He ordered the Military to demolish my Hostel Project at South Legon in Accra. I endured another harassment from Kokou Mortey, former Executive Director of Economic and Organised Crime Office ( EOCO) from 2010-2012. What was my crime? Well my offense was (that) I supported the Akufo-Addo financially during 2007 NPP presidential primaries and the 2008 general election. That was my crime. Can you IMAGINE?
 
Now, Akufo-Addo is doing worse of the bad things he himself accused others of doing since 1990.

I was equally invited several times in 2019 to the police over faulty claims. And their aim was to arrest me and then publish the news in the media to DISGRACE me and perhaps cook up fictitious charges against me. And the aim is to hurt my credibility.

The most painful aspect of the police invitations, and harassments occurred in August 2019 when I was invited to the Special Investigation Team (SIT) led by now COP, Edward Tabiri. Mr Tabiri claimed in his letter of invitation that the Receiver of the collapse banks, Nii Amanor Dodoo made a formal complaint against me, that he sent me a demand letter of debt collection. He claimed I owe at Unibank and that I responded to the letter with threats to kill him. The Police letter was clear about that.

So, I flew all the way from Paris to honor the police invitation, but guess what?

1. The chairman, COP Edward Tabiri, who signed the letter didn't show up. 

2. The letter that the police based their entire invitation on doesn't even exist. Can you imagine?

3. The figures (they) indicated on their own letterhead that I was owing also turned out to be completely false. So you ask yourself if the noble police institution can be used to hurt people who are extraordinary blessing to Ghana? Then, this country is heading for a curse, unless we turn a corner. 

(Meanwhile), they have also forgot that I have built my own strength from my many years of hustling; way back from 1985 when I started carrying fish on my head in Koforidua with my school uniform on, just to make some money to pay my school fees and feeding.

And because of (the experience) my suffering during childhood, I started paying school fees for many people when I became successful. I started building schools so that children and the youth can avoid the type of painful situation I endured during my childhood.

It's my prayer that our people (Ghanaians), especially our security officers and government appointees realise that what goes around comes around. Any harassment you subject someone to unfairly, because of political influence, rank, promotion or elevation in government position "CANNOT STAND" the test of time. That kind of approach can also be done to your descendants or even yourself before death!