June 9, 2020

Wicked World! Mum Kills Her 19yr Old Son With Rat Poison To Focus On His 4 Other Siblings



A couple, Mr. Issac Iweniyi and Mrs Elizabeth Iweniyi, has been arrested by the police in Edo State over alleged killing of their 19-year-old son. The couple was among the 55 suspects paraded by the state commissioner of police, Babatunde Johnson Kokumo.
The police said the suspects carried out the crime at Evbeta community in Ovia North East local government area of Edo State. In an interview with journalists at the police command, Mrs Iweniyi said she killed her 19-year-old son, Marvis, to conveniently take care of her other four children.

She said: “My son, is a sickler and also mentally challenged. “He has been sick since he was born and we have never known peace,”.

She said she was in the farm when they called her that her son was sick again, adding that; “when I got to the house, I went to look for him and brought him back home and went out to buy a rat poison which I gave him to drink.

“If the sickness get hold of him, they will call me to come back from the farm. “I have never known peace since he was born; no where we have not taken him to for treatment but to no avail,'” she said.

She added that: “I am tired, I can’t continue like that again so I have to give him poison so that I can take care of the remaining four children.” When asked if her husband was aware, she said: “I didn’t tell my husband. “I planned it myself because I am the one suffering it; I am tired and I want to have time to take care of my other four children who are going to school.”

 On his part, Mr. Issac denied knowledge of his wife’s plan. “I was in the farm when they called me that my Son Marvis is dead. “I don’t know whether he was poisoned or not. “Marvis is a sickler and has been sick since he was born. “When I got to the house, they told me that my son is dead and we had to bury him.

“It was on Monday that the police came to arrest us that we killed our son. “It was at the police station that my wife said she gave him a rat poison. “So, I was not part of her plan because I stayed in the farm,” he said.

-Source: Daily Trust