September 20, 2023

How Alhaja Olubunmi Agbeni (BISMID) Turned Beauty&Cosmetics Business Into A Goldmine

Alhaja (Mrs) Olubunmi Agbeni is the founder and CEO of Bismid Cosmetics Limited, one of the biggest names in the money-spinning Beauty and Cosmetics business in the country today. She presides over a flourishing cosmetic business, which  she started about 20 years  ago - with almost nothing! Today, Alhaja Agbeni ranks among notable Nigerian women running successful big businesses. Her story is a big inspiration to many. She started very small and young, but today she runs a brand of international standards. beauty company with over 100  beauty products branded in her name. BISMID Cosmetics is into sales and making of beauty&cosmetics products, facial treatments and modern-standard Spa services.
Despite her big success, Bismid (as she is fondly called by all) keeps a very simple lifestyle. She is not given to unnecessary publicity although well loved by many on the social scene. In an interview she granted not too long ago about  the amazing of Bismid, she said.. “I started from a small location, with N4,000. I never knew it would be this big. I was discouraged by a lot of people, but because I have passion for it, nothing was able to derail me from me. I used  to help my mum sell food in a local cafeteria. (But from my early days) I was used to taking my time to admire everything that was about beauty.
Another amazing story Bismid will always be proud to share is how fate smiled on her to achieve such success in her life despite not going to school. “I can now express myself very well. This is a business that avails you the opportunity of meeting notable people like wives of governors, senators, multi-billionaires, and so on. They too want to look good. I travel to France,  Italy,  Canada, and to so many other countries, just through this business. I never believed I can get to where I am today. I have bagged so many honorary awards to my credit. All these are  for a woman that didn’t even go to school”, she said. Bismid is today a role model to many who plying their trades in that sector.
Last month, Bismid Cosmetics Ltd opened its new ultramodern one-stop beauty shop in Surulere, Lagos. Alhaja Agbeni is happily married to Alhaji Luqmaan Agbeni, who is the Chairman/CEO, Bismid Cosmetics Ltd - and their union is blessed with lovely children.